Configuring the planning interface
We highly recommend that you consider using the redesigned planning interface.
With the redesigned planning interface, we've improved the following functionality:
- Planning and viewing work: You now have a timeline right next to the issues in your plan. Beside each issue in your plan, line by line, is a corresponding schedule bar, which displays when an issue starts and ends in your roadmap. To schedule work, you can manually set the dates for the issues, or manually drag and drop the bars in your timeline accordingly.
- Auto-scheduling your plan: Aside from setting dates and manually scheduling issues, you can also choose to auto-schedule the work in your plan, based on known issue details. You can then choose to accept or discard the suggested changes as needed.
Enabling the planning interface
As long as you're running Advanced Roadmaps (version 3.0 and later), any newly created plans will have the interface enabled by default. However, for plans that have already existed before upgrading to version 3.0 or later, you'll need to enable the interface in your individual plans. Your plan will not get the interface until this is enabled in the plan itself.
Other things to note:
- We recommend that you use the latest version of Advanced Roadmaps so you get the latest and greatest features.
- We highly recommend you use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- By default, target start and target end dates are used when scheduling and auto-scheduling issues in a plan. You can choose to use due dates and other custom dates (date picker type) to schedule issues.
- In your plan, click more () > Try the improved interface. The planning interface page will be displayed.
- Click Enable improved interface to switch on the new interface for your plan.
To stop using the new interface in a plan, from the plan configuration page, click Planning interface > Disable improved interface.