- Compiling my instrumented sources fails with a 'code too large' error.
- For some statements in my code Clover reports "No Coverage information gathered for this expression". What does that mean? — Clover will not measure coverage of a conditional expression if it contains an assignment operator.
- Hit count for multi-threaded test is incorrect in Clover's report.
- I'm trying to get a coverage report mailed, but I keep getting "mail Failed to send email". How do I fix this? — The Ant <mail> task depends on external libraries that are not included in the Ant distribution. You need to install the following jars in ANT_HOME/lib, both freely available from Sun:
- Tools for Troubleshooting Clover-for-Ant
- Two questions to ask yourself first when troubleshooting Clover
- When generating some report types on my UNIX server with no XServer, I get an exception "Can't connect to X11 server" or similar. — This is a limitation of the Java implementation on Unix.
- When using Clover, why do I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when I run my code? — This probably indicates that you do not have clover.jar in your runtime classpath.
- When using Clover from Ant, why do I get "Compiler Adapter 'org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CloverCompilerAdapter' can't be found." or similar? — You need to install Clover in Ant's classpath.
- Why does the 'Test Results' summary page report show that I have unique coverage, when the source page shows no unique coverage? — The source view only shows unique coverage aggregated at the line level, not per statement or branch. The unique coverage indicates that either:
- Why do I get 0% coverage when I run my tests and then a reporter from the same instance of Ant? — This occurs because Clover hasn't had a chance to flush coverage data out to disk.
- Why do I get a 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - PermGen space' error?
- Why do I get an java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when compiling with Clover turned on? — A: Instrumenting with Clover increases the amount of memory that the compiler requires in order to compile.