Shared Links Blueprint
You can also:
- Include topics to help categorize your links – these are added as labels to your page.
- Share the link immediately with another user or group – users will receive a notification.
- Add a comment to start the discussion.
To make sharing links even faster, you can add a Share on Confluence button to your browser's toolbar. Click this button and the webpage you're currently viewing will be added as a shared link!
To add the Share on Confluence button to your browser:
- Choose Create from template , then select Share a link
- Drag the Share on Confluence button to your browser toolbar
Now, when you want to share a link in Confluence, choose the Share on Confluence button in your browser and follow the prompts.
Screenshot: Share a link from the Create dialog.
Security considerations and limitations
To prevent people from accidentally or maliciously sharing links that may pose a security risk to your site, domains must be added to the allowlist, before they can be shared using the share a link blueprint. For example if you wanted to use the blueprint to share links to this documentation site you would need to add Configuring the allowlist for more information.to the allowlist. The shared link blueprint is different to just inserting a link on a page because it shows a preview of the linked site. See
If external connections are disabled for your site, you can still share a link (as long as it's in the allowlist), but we won't show a preview of its contents. Your admin can enable external connections at Administration > General Configuration under Connection Timeouts.