Users can add custom emojis to create personalized and engaging content. For example, add icons to documentation for greater consistency, or upload logos to use as emojis in internal communications. Learn more about emojis
As a system administrator:
- you can control who can add an emoji – either logged-in users or system admins only
- you can delete uploaded emojis
- you can change the maximum upload number
- you can change the maximum upload size
By default, any logged-in user can upload emojis using the emoji menu in the editor.
Manage who can add an emoji
To enable users to add their own emojis:
- > Emojis > General Configuration
- Under Permissions, toggle the switch on to allow logged-in users to upload custom emojis
If the switch is off, only system admins will be able to add custom emojis.
Delete uploaded emojis
To view and delete custom emojis uploaded to your Confluence site:
- > General Configuration > Emojis
- Under Manage custom emojis, find the emoji you want to delete
- Select Delete in the same table row
- You will receive a confirmation message, select Delete again
If the deleted emoji is in use on pages, blogs, or comments, it will be replaced by its text emoji shortcut.
You can also delete any custom emojis you've personally uploaded from the emoji menu in the editor.
Other emoji configurations
You can change these default emoji settings by configuring system properties.
|Site upload limit||2000|
|Image resizes allowed in parallel||The maximum number of processors available to the virtual machine; never smaller than one|