Confluence 4.1.9 Upgrade Notes
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 4.1.9. For details of the fixes in this release, please read the release notes.
Disabling notification of signups
This release includes an automatic notification, sent by email to all administrators, each time someone signs up to the Confluence site. This notification is part of the feature that allows you to invite people to sign up via a URL, and to set your signup mode to public or private. See the documentation.
The notification is enabled by default on the first upgrade to Confluence 4.1.9 or later. You may want to disable the notification after upgrading to Confluence 4.1.9, especially if you allow public signup and are expecting a large number of signups.
To disable the notification:
The email notification includes a link to change notification settings. Alternatively, follow these steps:
- Click Add Users on the dashboard.
Or take the longer route: Choose the cog icon Click Users > Add User. , then choose General Configuration
- Remove the tick from Notify administrators when users sign up.
If you are already running a version of Confluence, please follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version:
- Before you upgrade, we strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home directory and database. The Confluence Home directory is the folder where Confluence stores its configuration information, search indexes and page attachments. Another term for 'Home directory' would be 'data directory'. We also refer to this as the 'local home directory' in Data Center. Read more about finding your Home directory.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 3.5.x, then you should upgrade to Confluence 3.5.x before upgrading to Confluence 4.1.x.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 4.1, read the release notes and upgrade guides for all releases between your version and the latest version.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.