Confluence 5.0.2 Upgrade Notes
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 5.0.2. For details of the fixes in this release, please read the release notes.
If you are already running a version of Confluence, please follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version:
- Before you upgrade, we strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home directory and database. The Confluence Home directory is the folder where Confluence stores its configuration information, search indexes and page attachments. Another term for 'Home directory' would be 'data directory'. We also refer to this as the 'local home directory' in Data Center. Read more about finding your Home directory.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 5.0, read the release notes and upgrade guides for all releases between your version and the latest version.
- Please read the Confluence 5.0 Upgrade Notes.
- Please read the Confluence 4.3 Upgrade Notes.
- If you are upgrading from 2.1 or earlier, please also read the 2.2 release notes.
- If your site contains links to a file system (for example [\\\C:\Foo\Bar\foobarpreso.ppt] these may break when upgrading to Confluence 5.0.2. We recommend that you upgrade directly to Confluence 5.0.3. Refer to - CONF-23575Getting issue details... STATUS for more details.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.
Last modified on May 10, 2013
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.