Downloading Insight Discovery
Insight Discovery requires both Jira Service Management and Insight. For other requirements, see Discovery system requirements.
Download Discovery for Cloud
You can download Discovery from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Download Discovery for Data Center
For Data Center, Insight Discovery has two parts: Discovery app and Discovery tool.
Download the Discovery app
You can download the latest version from Atlassian Marketplace. Once you install the app, you can use it to download the Discovery tool.
Download the Discovery tool
To download Insight Discovery Tool from Jira:
- Go to Manage Apps > INSIGHT DISCOVERY > Discovery Download and download the tool from the link on the page.
- After downloading, extract the Discovery Tool ZIP into the desired directory. Please note that Insight Discovery Tool must be able to both read and write data within this directory.
Download the Discovery tool 3.x (beta)
You can also try out the beta release of Discovery 3.x. For more info, see Updating Discovery to version 3.x
Create an import configuration in Insight
Once you install the Discovery app, you'll see a new import type in Insight (for Cloud, it's available by default). You need to use this type to create an import configuration before you can start importing your data.
For more information on how to do it, see:
Importing data for the first time
The initial import will take more time than the subsequent ones, that's why we recommend the following steps:
- Do not include Applications, Application Services and Patches in your first import. Insight will import only hosts and basic corresponding data, which should make the import faster. You can configure the import to exclude these items.
- Add Applications to the second import.
- Add Application Services to the third import.
- Add Patches for the following imports.