Viewing agile information for an issue
The Agile panel displays additional agile information about the issue you are currently viewing and — depending on the type of project the issue is part of — lets you find boards that display the viewed issue or the sprints that the issue belongs to.
Here’s an example of the content of the Agile panel displayed for an issue in a Scrum project:
- The parent project's active sprint that the issue belongs to and its end date
- The parent project's completed sprints that the issue belongs to and their end dates
- The option to find agile boards that display the currently viewed issue
For issues in Kanban projects, the Agile panel only displays the option to find other agile boards that display the currently viewed issue.
Finding related agile boards
Besides displaying information about the active or completed sprints that an issue belongs to, the Agile panel lets you search for agile boards displaying the viewed issue or a sprint that the issue belongs to.
To make sure that Jira remains responsive and the results are relevant to you, when you run a search for board displaying the viewed issue, the search scope is limited to:
- boards that explicitly mention an issue's project key
- your recently viewed boards
- a maximum of 100 boards
Since we don't search all the boards that you may have access to, the lack of search results doesn't mean that there don't exist any boards displaying an issue. If you need to broaden the search scope, use Advanced search.
At the same time, the limits described above don't apply to searching for Scrum boards displaying an active or completed sprint. When you run a search for boards displaying specific sprints, Jira will include all of the boards that you're allowed to access in the scope of the search.
Here's how to find the agile boards displaying an issue or sprint:
- To find the agile boards that display the issue you're viewing, select Find on a board, and then select a search result to jump to the respective board view.
- To find Scrum boards that display a sprint listed in the Agile panel, select the sprint name, and then select one of the search results to jump to the respective board view.
If you don't want to interrupt your workflow, you can also run the search in a new browser tab.