Objects are your actual assets or configuration items. What an object looks like depends on the object type it belongs to. Learn more about objects
Create an object
To create an object:
- Select the object type where you'd like to add your object. The object will use the object type's attributes, so that's quite important.
- At the top-right, click Create object.
- Enter the details and any required attributes.
Here's the view of an object, based on the sample ITSM schema:
- Object: List of objects within an object type.
- Object type actions: Actions for the parent object type.
- Object actions: Some of the object actions: printing labels or QR codes, watching.
Using the object view
Here's the same object as seen in the object view:
For more info on how you can customize the object view and what you can do in it, see Viewing objects in the object view.
Have a look at these pages: