Bitbucket Server 6.2 release notes
9 April 2019
Bitbucket Server 6.2 comes with a wide range of improvements designed to streamline your workflow and minimize errors.
What's new under the hood?
- Add repository descriptions: Tired of playing repo roulette? Short descriptions can now be added to repos to provide additional context and make them easier to identify. You can add these when creating a repo, or through the repo settings page.
- See absolute timestamps: For increased precision, you can now choose to view all timestamps in absolute format (e.g.: 7 Apr 2019 2:00PM), instead of relative format (e.g.: 2 days ago). Head to your account settings to make the switch.
- View SVG source code: To streamline reviewing and working with SVGs, you can now directly see and edit their source code in Bitbucket. This can be done in both diff and source view.
- Delete confirmation check: To prevent a project or repository from being deleted by accident (don’t worry if you’ve done this, we may have done it ourselves too 😞), there is now an additional check — users first have to enter its name.
- Customize your support link: You can now set up the ‘Contact Support' link in your instance footer to get your users back up and running faster. Direct them to a custom URL (e.g.: that of your support desk) or to send an email (e.g.: to a system admin). For more info, look for footer.links.contact.support on our config properties page.
- Support for Git 2.21: Bitbucket Server 6.2 includes support for having Git 2.21 installed on the server.
Interested in upgrading?
Released 23 December 2019
Released 26 August 2019
Released 4 August 2019
Released 17 July 2019
Released 4 June 2019
Released 30 May 2019
Released 12 May 2019
Released 9 April 2019