Specify the Bitbucket base URL
Administer Bitbucket Data Center and Server
- Users and groups
- Advanced repository management
- External user directories
- Global permissions
- Setting up your mail server
- Integrate with Atlassian applications
- Connect Bitbucket to an external database
- Migrating Bitbucket Server to another server
- Migrate Bitbucket Server from Windows to Linux
- Run Bitbucket in AWS
- Specify the Bitbucket base URL
- Configuring the application navigator
- Managing apps
- View and configure the audit log
- Update your license key
- Configuration properties
- Change Bitbucket's context path
- Data recovery and backups
- Disable HTTP(S) access to Git repositories
- Smart Mirroring
- Bitbucket Mesh
- Export and import projects and repositories
- Git Large File Storage
- Git Virtual File System (GVFS)
- Enable SSH access to Git repositories
- Secret scanning
- Use diff transcoding
- Change the port Bitbucket listens on
- Lockout recovery process
- Proxy and secure Bitbucket
- High availability for Bitbucket
- Diagnostics for third-party apps
- Enabling JMX counters for performance monitoring
- Bitbucket guardrails
- Enable debug logging
- Scaling Bitbucket Server
- Add a shortcut link to a repository
- Administer code search
- Adding additional storage for your repository data
- Add a system-wide announcement banner
- Configuring Project links across Applications
- Improving instance stability with rate limiting
- Use a CDN with Atlassian Data Center applications
- Link to other applications
- Setting a system-wide default branch name
- Automatically decline inactive pull requests
- Encrypt database password
- Data pipeline
- Monitor application performance
- Troubleshoot sidecar startup
- Managing HTTP access tokens
On this page
- No related content found
Still need help?
The Atlassian Community is here for you.
The base URL is the root URL for your installation of Bitbucket Data Center and Server. For example,
All links which are not from a web request (for example in Bitbucket email notifications), will be prefixed by this URL.
Who can use this procedure?
To specify Bitbucket's base URL:
- Go to Administration > Settings > Server settings.
- In the Base URL field, type the URL address of your Bitbucket instance.
- Select Save.
If you're experiencing trouble with setting an
https base URL, make sure that you've configured Tomcat with SSL correctly.
If you're looking to set up the SSH base URL or enable SSH access to Git repositories, see Enable SSH access to Git repositories.
Last modified on Feb 26, 2023
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
- No related content found
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.