Capture for JIRA disabled when license has expired
After license expiration Capture for JIRA disables itself with the errors below:
While trying to download the add-on:
An error has occured.
Please contact your administrator if this problem continues.
- Your Capture license has expired. Please visit My Atlassian to renew.
Or you may find the following error while trying to use Capture for JIRA:
"Capture server plugin does not have a valid license. Please contact your JIRA administrator"
This depends upon the status of the license. A Capture for JIRA license is perpetual up to the most recent version of the plugin prior to it expiring, which can be checked on the Atlassian Marketplace. This can currently be caused by the following:
- Upgrading to a valid version on an expired license.
- Upgrading to an invalid version on an expired license.
If the license is valid for the Capture for JIRA version:
Upgrade to the latest compatible version of the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) and clear the license cache with the following:
- Go to my.atlassian.com and create an evaluation license.
- Enter the evaluation license, as in Specifying your License Details.
- Replace the evaluation license with the valid Capture license.
If Capture is still not working, contact our Customer Advocates to check the license.
If the license is not valid for the Capture for JIRA version:
A new license will need to be purchased so that it is valid for the new version. To restore immediate access, an evaluation license can be generated on my.atlassian.com.
It is not possible to rollback to a prior version. If you have accidentally upgraded to an invalid version and cannot get a license for it, please restore a backup of JIRA to its last-known working state ASAP, as in our Rolling Back a JIRA Upgrade documentation.