Link to server products from cloud
Your site can't manage users for server products. You'll have to use the server product's built-in user-management or a local Crowd instance.
Requirements for linking to server products
To set up application links between cloud and server products, you must have administrator permissions on both the cloud and server products. You should also make sure you meet the following requirements.
For direct application links:
- The product must be accessible via the ports specified in the Compare Atlassian cloud vs server page.
- Check that the Base URL for the server product is set correctly.
- If you want to use SSL, you need to use a valid certificate (not a self-signed certificate).
- Your server needs to be reachable by the Atlassian cloud IP range. See Atlassian cloud IP ranges and domains for details.
- The URL for the product must fulfill the RFC 1738 URL standards.
For tunneled application links:
Tunneled links let you avoid opening your network for incoming connections or allowlisting cloud IP ranges. To use them, you need to first create an application tunnel between Atlassian Cloud and a Data Center or Server product in your network. Learn more about application tunnels
Link to a server product
- Choose either:
- Jira products: Click Settings > Applications in the sidebar
- Confluence: Click Settings in the sidebar
- Choose Application Links, and then select Create link.
Choose the type of link:
Tunneled application link: This link reuses an existing application tunnel to forward the traffic to your network. Application tunnels can only be used to link to Atlassian Data Center or Server products.
Direct application link: This link connects to Atlassian products or external applications directly. It needs to be able to reach them, which might require opening your network for incoming connections.
- Use the wizard to complete setup of the application link.
If you want to create a project link (for example, a link between a project in Jira Software Cloud and a Confluence space), follow these instructions for creating a project link. Project (or entity) links are automatically two-way links; you don't need to create a link from your server product to the project in the cloud.
Having trouble integrating your Atlassian products with application links?
We've developed a troubleshoot application links, to help you out. Take a look if you need a hand getting around any errors or roadblocks when setting up application links.