Clover 4.1 Release Notes
7 December 2015
We are happy to announce Clover 4.1.Clover 4.1 brings support for IntelliJ IDEA 15 and Eclipse Mars.1
Upgrading to Clover 4.1 is free for all customers with active Clover software maintenance at the date of launch and of subsequent updates.
Changes in Clover 4.1.x bug-fix versions
Highlights of Clover 4.1
Support for IDEA 15 and Eclipse Mars.1
To keep up with newest IDE platform releases Clover since version 4.1.0 starts supporting Eclipse Mars.1 and IntelliJ IDEA 15, which wasn't usable and caused IDE crashes, for more info - CLOV-1757Getting issue details... STATUS .
Renamed Clover-for-Maven plugin
In order to stay compliant with Plugin Naming Convention and Apache Maven Trademark, we renamed the Clover-for-Maven plugin. It's artifact ID has changed from maven-clover2-plugin to clover-maven-plugin.
End of support
Clover 4.1 no longer supports IDEA 9, 10.0 and 10.5 as well as Eclipse 3.7
Clover 4.1 no longer supports Grails 1.3. We expect to add support for Grails 3.0 (which is based on the Gradle now) in one of next major Clover releases in 2016.
Upgrading from Clover 4.0 to Clover 4.1
When upgrading to Clover 4.1, you may need to make few changes in your build scripts.
1) Clover-for-Maven plugin has been renamed
Clover-for-Maven plugin has been renamed from com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-clover2-plugin to com.atlassian.maven.plugins:clover-maven-plugin. It also means that prefix for Clover-related goals is now "clover:" instead of "clover2:".
- you have to update all pom.xml files and replace any occurrences of maven-clover2-plugin by clover-maven-plugin
- you have to update all build plans (e.g. in Bamboo), builds scripts etc in which you call Clover goals directly using a fully-qualified or a short goal name, e.g.:
- replace "clover2:setup" by "clover:setup"
- replace "com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-clover2-plugin::setup" by com.atlassian.maven.plugins:clover-maven-plugin::setup"
Bamboo 5.10 will have an upgraded Bamboo Clover Plugin, which will use new plugin name in automatic integration.
2) Clover no longer generates classic HTML report
Since now only new ADG style of the HTML report is available.
- you have to remove the style attribute from <clover-report> tasks in Ant projects
- you have to remove <reportStyle> parameter from clover-maven-plugin in Maven projects
- you have to remove clover.reportStyle parameter from BuildConfig.groovy in Grails projects