Java crash - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION - VMThread
- The Java process has exited
- An hs_err_pid*.log file has been created
- The following appears in the
# # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6dcf64d1, pid=4084, tid=1908 # ... snip ... --------------- T H R E A D --------------- Current thread (0x00e3cc00): VMThread [stack: 0x248d0000,0x24940000] [id=1908] ... snip ... VM_Operation (0x25d0fba0): ParallelGCSystemGC, mode: safepoint, requested by thread 0x25003000
Run a memory check on the machine.
This is usually caused by a hardware error, usually in the memory. It may also be caused by a JVM bug.
- Move the instance to another machine or replace the memory.
- See the more general Java crashes article for other possibilities