Below are some important notes on upgrading to Crucible 2.6. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the Crucible 2.6 Release Notes.
On this page:
- Internet Explorer 7 and Java Platform 5 (JDK/JRE 1.5) no longer supported — As per the End of Support Announcements for Crucible (published previously), we are no longer supporting Internet Explorer 7 and Java Platform 5 (JDK/JRE 1.5) in this release. See Supported platforms page for the full list of supported platforms for Crucible.
- Disabling review creation without metadata — Crucible 2.6 introduces review creation without metadata. This functionality is enabled by default. If you want to disable this functionality, you can do so by starting up Crucible with the following system property:
For further details, read this FAQ: How do I force reviews to include SVN property changes?
Before you begin
- Test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
- Back up your entire Crucible instance (see Backing up and restoring Crucible data), i.e.
- If you are backing up your Crucible instance via the Admin interface, tick all of the 'Include' checkboxes (e.g. plugins, templates, uploads, SQL database, etc).
- If you are backing up your Crucible instance using the command-line interface, do not use any exclusion options.
If you are already running a version of Crucible, please refer to the Crucible upgrade guide.
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the Crucible Upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your Crucible installation, please check for known Crucible issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of Crucible after we have released the software. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the Crucible Knowledge Base. Please check the Crucible 2.6 Known Issues in the Crucible Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the Crucible upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the Crucible Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.