Configuring repository details
You can define the SCM details for a repository when adding or managing a repository. The SCM details will vary depending on the type of repository that you are adding, e.g. the SCM details for a Subversion repository differ from the SCM details for a Git repository.
On this page:
Configuring the SCM details for a repository
To configure the SCM details for a repository:
- Click the 'cog' menu in the Fisheye header, and choose Administration (you'll need to be logged in as an administrator to see this link).
- Click Repositories (under 'Repository Settings').
- Click the name of the repository (in the 'Name' column).
- Click SCM Details in the left menu.
Update the fields as required:
Description Enter a description for the repository. This is used to describe the repository in Fisheye screens. Store Diff Info Select this checkbox, to have Fisheye cache information about file diffs in its database. This setting is enabled by default for new repositories. See the Notes section below for more information on this setting.
The rest of the fields will vary depending on the SCM. See the following topics:
Note, the topics above describe adding a repository, however the fields are the same if you are editing an existing repository's settings.
Click the Test Connection to test your changes.
- If you are happy with your changes, click Save.
- If you need to abandon your changes, click Close Without Saving.
Screenshot: Configuring the SCM details for a Subversion repository
About the 'Store Diff Info' setting
Please note, you need to perform a full re-index of your repository after enabling this setting for Fisheye to collect the diff information for all revisions in your repository.
Please also note that:
- Disabling the Store Diff Info setting will disable per-author line graphs.
- Disabling the Store Diff Info setting also removes the author/revision information in the diff display.
- Disabling the Store Diff Info setting will disable blame calculation when indexing. See Blame calculations.
- Diff information is always stored for CVS repositories. Note, that a full re-index is required to enable per author charts after upgrading from Fisheye 1.4.3 or earlier.
- Enabling the Store Diff Info setting will allow Fisheye to perform text searches of lines added and removed, in addition to the text search of the trunk head.
- Enabling the Store Diff Info setting for Perforce repositories will force Fisheye to make extra requests to your depot in order to collect the diffs. This may substantially increase the time it takes to scan your repository. If your Perforce repository was created before Fisheye 1.5, this setting will be disabled by default.
- Scan times for other repositories, like CVS and Subversion, are not as affected by the Store Diff Info setting as Perforce since the diffs are still fetched but disabling this option will still prevent the overhead of indexing the data which can still be significant.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article