OAuth error oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown
When creating an application link, or using functionality that uses an application link, the applications aren't able to authenticate to each other.
The following appears in the application log:
- Two applications are connected together using Application Links
- The authentication method used is OAuth
- The error happens intermittently. Recreating Application Links from both servers still does not fix it
- Missing Application Link from one server
- There are duplicate data in the database causing it to use different Consumer key
- The Application Link is only configured in one direction. For example, Confluence is linked to JIRA; but JIRA does not have a reciprocal link to Confluence.
Delete the duplicate data in the database
Shutdown the application
- Backup database for rollback purposes
Search for duplicate data
SELECT * FROM BANDANA WHERE bandanakey = 'com.atlassian.oauth.consumer.ConsumerService:host.__HOST_SERVICE__';
- Delete the duplicate row, so that it will only have one result
- Restart the application
Recreate the Application Link in both servers
If your applications use a reverse proxy, ensure they have been configured correctly for use with the reverse proxy.
Once the applications have been configured, delete and recreate the Application Link.