Create a Support Request
The Troubleshooting and support tools plugin allows you to create a support request with Atlassian Support without leaving your application. You can also choose to attach diagnostic and logging information with your request (this is the same information available in a Support Zip).
Creating a support request
To create a support request:
- Go to the Get Help tab and choose Contact technical support or report a bug.
- Contact email - this defaults to the email address of the logged-in user. It will be used to find your support account or, if no account is found, to create a new account. We'll send all further notifications and updates about your issue to this address.
- Summary - a short summary of your problem.
- Description - tell us, in detail, about the problem.
- Severity - give us an indication of how many users are affected by the problem
- Attach support zip - this will create a zip file of your logs and configuration files, these can really speed up troubleshooting your issue and should be included if possible. See Create a Support Zip for info on what's included.
- Hit Send.
Good to know:
- Your application will need to have a mail server configured to create a support request.
- If your product is using an older version of the Troubleshooting and support tools plugin, the names of the tabs and fields shown above may be slightly different, but the process is the same.
Last modified on Sep 20, 2017
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.