Creating a plan
A plan defines everything about your build process, including what gets built, how the build is triggered and what jobs are executed.
This page describes how to:
Note, you need the Create User or Admin global permission to create or clone a plan.
Create a new plan
Click Create > Create a new plan in the top menu bar. Complete the build plan details on the Configure plan page:
Project The name of your build project Plan name The name of your build plan Plan key The key for your build plan Plan description A brief description of the build plan's function or purpose
Choose from either a previously used repository, or link to a new repository.
If you want to link a new repository, select your code repository host from the options:
Stash (Bitbucket Server)
An enterprise Git repository tool by Atlassian. Learn more...
Bitbucket (Bitbucket Cloud) A free code DVCS hosting site for Git and Mercurial. Learn more... Other
A range of other repository hosts is also supported:
You may need to supply additional information depending on your code repository. Go to the next step when done.
If you have previously linked a repository, then you may select it again, search for an alternative host or link a new one. Use the repository picker to select one of your existing linked repositories. Click Configure plan and you are done. You can now configure the tasks and jobs required by your build plan.
- Select the repository and branch for your plan.
Specify access to the repository. You may choose from:
Allow all users to reuse the configuration of this repository All user access. This is the default access setting. Only you are allowed to reuse the configuration of this repository Limit access to just yourself.
Clone an existing plan
When you clone an existing plan, you make a copy of that plan and its entire configuration, with the exception of any branches:
- Click Create > Clone an existing plan in the top menu bar.
- Use Plan to clone to select a plan. Only plans for which you have the are shown.
- Choose an existing project for the plan, or create a new project.
- Enter details for the new plan.
- Choose whether to enable this plan. Enabling the plan instructs Bamboo to start running builds of the plan, based on the plan's trigger configuration.
- When you click Create, the 'Plan Summary' page for the new plan will be displayed. Bamboo will automatically run an initial build for your new plan.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!