Clover-for-Eclipse Upgrade Guide
1. Upgrade Clover-for-Eclipse version
Click "Help -> Check for updates" and select "Clover" and "Clover Ant Support" features. Follow the wizard instructions.
2. Update license key (optional)
Installing new license key is necessary when you're installing a Clover version released after end of support date of your current license. Open the "Window -> Preferences -> Clover -> License" and paste a new key.
3. Rebuild workspace (optional)
Clover's database format may change in newer versions. In such case you'll get a build error with a message informing about database incompatibility. In such case you have to delete old database files - rebuild your workspace and answer "Yes" on a question "You are doing a rebuild, do you want to delete the old coverage data for project ... ?".
Upgrading from specific releases
Upgrading from Clover 3.3 to Clover 4.0
In order to upgrade from Clover 3.3 to Clover 4.0 you have to:
- disable Clover on your projects ("Package Explorer -> context menu -> Clover -> Enable/Disable on...") - this is necessary to remove "Clover Pre-Java Builder" and "Clover Post-Java Builder",
- uninstall previous version of Clover and next install the Clover-for-Eclipse 4.x (un-installation is necessary because Clover's features and plugins have been renamed from com.cenqua.*** to com.atlassian.***),
- enable Clover on your projects.