Roadmap Planner Macro
Screenshot: Page with a Roadmap Planner macro showing the various stages of a project.
Add this macro to your page
To add the Roadmap Planner macro to a page:
- From the editor toolbar, choose Insert> Other Macros.
- Choose Roadmap Planner from the Visuals and images category.
- Add lanes, bars and markers as described below.
- Choose Insert.
You can then publish your page to see the macro in action.
Editing your Roadmap
To edit your roadmap:
- Select the roadmap and choose Edit.
- Add lanes, bars and markers.
- Drag lanes, bars and markers to the desired location on the roadmap.
- Select lanes, bars and markers to add text, change colors and remove from the roadmap.
- Select bars to add links to existing pages, create new pages or add a description.
- Set the start and end dates for the roadmap and choose to display it by weeks or months.
Screenshot: Adding bars and markets to the Roadmap Planner macro in the editor.
- Add lanes: to differentiate your teams or streams of work.
- Date range: display the plan by weeks or months.
- Add bar info: to provide more info or link a bar to a page.
Change the macro parameters
This macro does not use the macro browser to set parameters. You also cannot add this macro via wiki markup or by editing the storage format directly.
Other ways to add this macro
Add this macro as you type
Add this macro using wiki markup
You can't use wiki markup to add this macro.
The Roadmap macro was previously available from The Marketplace. The macro has changed significantly. If you had an older version of the macro installed you will be able to view your existing roadmaps but not edit them.
Do more with Confluence
To extend Confluence's roadmap capability, check out these apps on the Atlassian Marketplace:
- Live Roadmap: Build your Roadmap and keep it alive connecting it to your Jira
- ProductPlan for Confluence Server: Embed your roadmap in Confluence to keep your team aligned around high-level goals
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article