16 March 2011
The Atlassian team are proud to announce the release of GreenHopper 5.5.GreenHopper 5.5 provides compatibility with JIRA 4.3.
Upgrading to GreenHopper 5.5 is free for all customers with an active GreenHopper license.
Highlights of this release:
Thank you for your feedback:
38 votes fulfilled
Your votes and issues help us keep improving our products, and are greatly appreciated.
Please keep logging your votes and issues. They help us decide what needs doing!
Highlights of GreenHopper 5.5
Task Board on your Wallboard
GreenHopper 5.5 introduces a new JIRA Wallboard capable gadget enabling you to display your Task Board in high-contrast on an information radiator. There are now six JIRA Wallboard capable gadgets included in GreenHopper:
- Cumulative Flow Chart — View the cumulative flow chart for a project
- Days Remaining — View the days remaining in specified project iteration
- Hour Burndown Chart — View the hour burndown chart for a specified version of a project
- Project Progress — View the progress bar for a specified version of a project
- Statistics Burndown Chart — View the statistics burndown chart for a project
- Task Board (new in GreenHopper 5.5)--- View the Task Board in Wallboard mode for a specified version of a project
Improved Quick Filters
Quick Filters are now easier to access, enabling you to quickly toggle the display of issues pending scheduling, those that are done, sub-tasks and your own issues.
JIRA iframe RemovedPlease note that GreenHopper 5.5 marks the end of the JIRA iframe. We have removed the iframe as there are a number of usability issues with it:
- Users open the JIRA 'Edit Issue' page in an iframe and modify some of the field. They then click the iframe 'Close' action rather than saving the JIRA page within the iframe. As such, the user loses their changes and must once again open the iframe to edit the issue. We have received requests to put the 'Save' and 'Cancel' buttons from within the JIRA page on the iframe itself. Unfortunately this is not possible as GreenHopper does not control the content within the iframe and users can navigate away to another issue altogether.
- Problems occur when page-zooming is used (often on a TV or projector in planning meetings) and the JIRA Iframe 'Close' action is not visible. The minimum screen resolution for JIRA, and therefore GreenHopper, is 1024 x 768 with a maximised browser window. If a user has this minimum resolution and opens the JIRA iframe, then the minimum for JIRA 'View' or 'Edit Issue' page within the iframe is no longer true.
- JIRA 4.2 onwards includes functionality that is not designed and/or tested for use within an iframe. As such GreenHopper can no longer ensure that the page displayed in the iframe will behave as expected.
In GreenHopper 5.3, keyboard shortcuts were introduced to allow quick navigation and issue editing throughout JIRA and GreenHopper. In addition, a user can 'middle-click' on an issue key to access the JIRA View Issue page for that issue in a new tab. With the introduction of keyboard shortcuts and the Operations Dialog in JIRA and GreenHopper, there are far easier and faster ways to work. The Operations dialog allows quick access to many actions that would have previously needed a round-trip to JIRA (in the iframe or directly).
Other Fixes and Improvements
The issues for GreenHopper 5.5 are shown below. To view the list in JIRA, please see here.