Streamlined user interfaces for projects
We've been working hard to improve the user interface when you are browsing a project, so that you can concentrate on the task at hand without any distractions. The list of improvements are in the table below:
|UI Feature||Notes||Screenshot of new UI|
|New Create New Project button on the Browse Projects > All Projects page||N/A|
|Browse Project > Summary tab redesigned:|
- Administer Project button now available on the Browse Project page itself
- Activity Stream only shows activity on JIRA issues and JIRA plugins
- Issues: Updated recently section removed
- Issue: Unresolved section removed
- Versions: Unreleased section moved to different position on tab
- Show/hide toggle for additional versions removed
- "Eyeball" toggle replaced with smart switcher at bottom of list
- Administer Project button used to be on Browse Project > Summary tab (now removed)
- Issues: Updated recently and Issue: Unresolved sections superseded by Activity Stream.
|Standard issue filters directly available on Browse Project > Issues page||Used to be in Filters dropdown on Browse Project > Summary tab|
|Standard issue filters directly available on Browse Version > Issues page||Used to be in Filters dropdown on Browse Version > Summary tab|
|Standard issue filters directly available on Browse Component > Issues page||Used to be in Filters dropdown on Browse Component > Summary tab|
|People section in Project Summary and page renamed to Roles||N/A|
|Project > Popular Issues page redesigned||N/A|
|Project > Labels page redesigned||N/A|
JIRA admin helper
We've bundled the popular JIRA admin helper plugin in this release. This tool helps JIRA administrators to diagnose and fix any of the following problems:
- A custom field not showing on the View Issue, Edit Issue or Create Issue screens.
- A user being able to see an issue when they are not supposed to, or being unable to see an issue when they are supposed to.
- A user receiving a notification when they shouldn't have, or not receiving a notification when they should have.
Simply navigate to the issue and select the Where is my field?, Permission Helper or Notification Helper option from the More Actions menu. You can also access this via administration console (JIRA tab > Admin Helper).
Copying and editing issue collectors
In JIRA 5.1, we introduced the JIRA issue collector — letting you embed JIRA feedback forms in your websites that create issues in your JIRA instance. In this release, we've added the ability to edit and copy issue collectors. Tweak an existing issue collector or use it as the basis for an entirely new one.
Read the documentation...
Faster and more reliable mentions
We added mentions in JIRA 5.0, which gave JIRA users an easy way to share an issue with other users via email. This release includes a significant performance improvement to this feature. You'll notice that user names are suggested much more quickly, when you start typing after an '@' character. The suggested results are also more accurate and reliable.
Universal plugin manager 2.7
JIRA 5.2 now bundles the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager 2.7.6 (we previously bundled UPM 2.1.5 in JIRA 5.1.8). This version of UPM includes the Request Plugin feature as well as user interface improvements. The Request Plugin feature provides users with a view of the Atlassian Plugin Marketplace in JIRA, allowing them to send requests for plugins to the JIRA system administrator. To find and request a plugin, click your user profile picture > Atlassian Marketplace in the JIRA header.
Column ordering for standard JIRA gadgets
Any customers who have followed this issue
Allow ordering of fields in gadgets
or this issue
Bundle Column Order Gadget Plugin
Open - untriaged
will be happy to know that our most recent Atlassian ShipIt has delivered column ordering for standard JIRA gadgets. In JIRA 5.2, you'll be able to re-order columns for gadgets like the filter results gadget, by simply dragging and dropping.
Compatibility with Confluence Workbox Notifications
JIRA 5.2 is compatible with Confluence Workbox Notifications (introduced in Confluence 4.3). Read more in the Confluence 4.3 release notes.
We have made a number of platform changes in this release, including upgrading JIRA to run on Tomcat 7 and support for Java 7. Some of these changes affect the installation and upgrade process for JIRA.
Please read the upgrade guide for details.