Using the Fisheye screens
The sections below describe the different screens in Fisheye and the information you can retrieve from them. Each page (tab) has a number of panes, each of which is described separately below.
The header along the top of each Fisheye page provides the following:
- The application navigator, at the left of the header, connects you directly to your other applications, such as Jira and Bamboo. Admins can configure which apps appear in the navigator – just click Application navigator in the admin area.
- Fisheye logo (with the logo for Crucible if you are using that) – click to go to the dashboard, to see your personal code commits, your reviews (if you are using Crucible) and your activity stream.
- Repositories — the list of all Fisheye repositories. Click a repository name to browse the repository. A number of sub-tabs become available, as described below (see 'Repository sub-tabs' below).
- Projects (when used with Crucible) – a link to all projects (see the Crucible documentation ). Logged-in users can see links to recently visited projects.
- People – tab to view statistics about commiters to your Fisheye repositories (see Viewing People's Statistics ). Logged in users can see links to users they have recently visited.
- Reviews (when used with Crucible) – go to your code reviews (see the Crucible documentation). Logged-in users can see links to recently visited reviews as well as to the Crucible 'Inbox' and 'Outbox'.
- Create review (when used with Crucible) – click the down arrow to choose Create snippet.
- + – add a new repository. See Adding an external repository.
- Search – use Fisheye's powerful search engine to find changesets, committers and files. See Searching Fisheye.
- Click your avatar to change your user settings (see Changing your user profile).
Once you have selected a repository, you can navigate through it by selecting files and folders in the navigation tree on the left. The available tabs change according to whether you are viewing a repository or a file:
|Files||Provides details about the files in the repository. See Browsing through a repository.|
Shows the latest revisions of the file. See Viewing a file history.
Shows recent activity on the item. There are a number of sub-options here (see Viewing the changelog):
|Commit graph||Provides a visual representation of commits to, and branches in, the repository. See Viewing the commit graph for a repository.|
Shows the commit history of the different users that have committed changes on the item.
Shows activity charts for the item. Various chart options can be selected in the left navigation bar (see Fisheye reports).
Shows the contents of the file. See Viewing file content.
|Search||Gives access to the advanced search capabilities in Fisheye.|