Add JIRA Events
JIRA events enable you to visualise versions, issues or sprint dates from JIRA applications. To use this feature, you must have Confluence and your JIRA applications set up with a secure connection between them. See Install Team Calendars.
Add JIRA events
When you create an event, there are multiple JIRA event types you can choose from. These are:
- JIRA Issue Dates – Embed a single JIRA issue date or the duration between any two issue dates. For example, embed due dates for JIRA issues, or, if you have custom fields, embed a scheduled deployment date.
What if you want to see the duration for a particular issue? You may have fields like 'Deployment Start Date' and 'Deployment End Date' or 'Issue Start' and 'Issue End Date'. Team Calendars allows you to visualise the duration between any two dates.
- JIRA Software Sprints – If your team is using JIRA Software (formerly known as JIRA Agile) to plan their work, you can also embed your Sprints inside your Team Calendar. This helps you see the duration of your sprint and how your team's availability or other team events could impact the sprint.
- JIRA Project Releases – JIRA versions help you define a release for your projects. You can embed and visualise your JIRA project versions to see how your releases are progressing.
Update JIRA events in Team Calendars
From Team Calendars, you can:
- Update JIRA project version dates
- Update Issue dates
Drag-and-drop the event or update its date, and it will automatically update in your JIRA application. Currently, you can't update your JIRA Software sprint dates.
Add JIRA issue dates
You can embed virtually any issue date in Team Calendars from your JIRA application. Embed JIRA issue dates as:
- A single date
- A duration between two specified dates
When adding JIRA issue dates, you'll be presented with the following display options:
- Project – A quick and easy way to map out project issues on a calendar
- Saved filter – For more advanced filtering as well as support for multiple projects.
- JQL – Power users can use JQL to create a JIRA calendar.
Upon selecting a Project, Saved Filter or JQL, you'll be presented with all possible dates that can be rendered in Team Calendars. For those of you with JIRA Software, Team Calendars can also embed your JIRA Software sprint durations right on your JIRA Calendars.
Once the calendar is created, depending on what you've selected, you can see:
- Issue dates
- JIRA project version due dates
- JIRA Software sprint durations
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!