Release Notes 1.2.3
Confluence 1.2.3 is a maintenance release that fixes some bugs that users may have encountered using the 1.2 series of Confluence. It fixes problems with Oracle support on Weblogic, thumbnail display, errors moving pages between spaces.
1.2.2 is a free upgrade for all existing Confluence customers.
Who should upgrade?
The issues resolved below are all either fixes to problems that have effected small numbers of users, or improve areas of Confluence that may not be used in your installation. As such, we recommend you read through the release notes and decide whether this upgrade is necessary.
Of particular note should be Release Notes 1.2.3 which might effect customers trying to use Confluence with Oracle under Weblogic, and Release Notes 1.2.3, a security issue where users may determine the names of attachments that they can not access.
If Confluence 1.2.2 is working fine for you, feel free to stick with it.
Upgrading Confluence should be pretty easy. If you are upgrading from Confluence 1.2 or higher, you can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
If you are upgrading from Confluence 1.1.2 or earlier, be sure to read the upgrade instructions in the Confluence 1.2 release notes.
Changes in 1.2.3
See also: Issues Resolved for 1.2.3
- Oracle LOB handler now works correctly under Weblogic – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Attachments are no longer listed in search results if the user is not permitted to download them – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Tomcat no longer hijacks Confluence's logging – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Incoming page links no longer listed multiple times – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Comments in daily update report are now linked properly – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Thumbnails and the gallery macro no longer draw images with width and height of 0 – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Fixed a system error moving pages between spaces when they are linked to from a comment – Release Notes 1.2.3
- Fixed a system error when removing an attachment – Release Notes 1.2.3
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!