Administer a Space
If you're a space admin, for either a site or personal space, there are various things you can change about that space. For example, you can change the space's name, description, look and feel, and permissions. You can even create templates to speed up page creation in the space.
The space's sidebar is another area you can customise to suit your needs, by adding shortcut links or changing the space logo.
Administer a space
To view the space tools page:
Go to the space and choose Space tools > Permissions from the bottom of the sidebar
- The 'Space Permissions' page displays.
The administration options are divided into the following categories. Some options may not be applicable for personal spaces.
- Content Tools
- Templates - see Page Templates
- Orphaned Pages - see Orphaned Pages
- Undefined Pages - see Undefined Page Links
- Attachments - see Manage Files
- Trash - see Delete or Restore a Page.
- Export - see Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML
- RSS Feeds - see Subscribe to pre-specified RSS feeds
Import - see Import a Text File. Not available for personal spaces.
- Look and Feel
You can also customise the sidebar, including changing the space logo and adding shortcuts to other spaces - see Configure the Sidebar for more information.
Administer a space that uses the Documentation theme
In this theme, the standard Confluence sidebar is replaced by a page navigation sidebar. As a result, the layout of the space administration options are slightly different.
To view the space admin page:
- Go to the space you wish to manage
Choose Browse > Space Admin from the header
Note: The Space Admin option appears only if you have space admin permissions, or if you're part of the 'confluence-administrators' group.
The 'Space Details' page displays. For spaces using the Documentation theme, the administration options are divided into the following categories:
- Look and Feel
- Import Pages from Disk – see Import a Text File.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!