Viewing installed add-ons
The Manage add-ons page lists add-ons installed in your Atlassian application. This is the main page for viewing, updating, and configuring add-ons. Most administrative tasks involving add-ons can be performed here. Depending on the add-on, you can also enable, disable or configure add-ons from this page.
On this page:
Viewing installed add-ons
To view the list of add-ons in your Atlassian application:
- From the top navigation bar, choose > Add-ons as an administrator.
If the link does not appear in the menu, make sure that your application has the latest version of the UPM.
- From the left-hand side, click Manage add-ons.
Filtering the Manage add-ons page
When you access the UPM, you'll first see add-ons that require admin action. This could be an add-on that has an update available, is unlicensed, or has a license expiring soon. This default view makes it easy for you to see which add-ons need attention, and hides the ones that don't. To explore the rest of your add-ons, you can use filters.
Here's a bit more on each option:
|Open-text filter||Enter the name of an add-on, or a partial name. The UPM shows results accordingly.|
|User-installed||These add-ons are installed or updated separately from the Atlassian application. Administrators can disable or remove user-installed add-ons.|
|Paid via Atlassian||These add-ons are purchased from the Atlassian Marketplace, and can be sold by Atlassian or third-party add-on vendors.|
|System||Preinstalled system add-ons contribute to core application functions. Refrain from disabling or uninstalling these add-ons unless explicitly instructed by Atlassian support.|
|All add-ons||As you'd imagine, a comprehensive list of all add-ons installed in your application.|
Viewing add-on details
To view information about a particular add-on or configure it, click the add-on in the Manage add-ons page. Alternatively, click the Manage button for the add-on in the Find new add-ons page.
Here's an example of expanded add-on details:
Depending on the add-on and its particular configuration, you might see any of the following:
- Buttons for managing the add-on
- Screenshots of the add-on user interface
- License and vendor details
- Links for subscribing to updates for this add-on and to the Marketplace listing for the add-on.
- Additional links to release notes, documentation, support, and more
- Status of modules that make up this add-on
- Add-on ratings and review forms
The following sections provide more information on these elements of the add-on details view.
You can use the following buttons in the details view of the add-on to administer an add-on:
- Update: Updates the add-on to a newer version. This button only appears if an update to the add-on exists on the Marketplace. When clicked, the UPM gets the add-on update software and applies it. For more about updating add-ons see Updating add-ons.
- Disable: Disables the add-on in the application. This allows you to make the features of the add-on unavailable in the application without uninstalling it. This button only appears if the add-on is enabled and installed on an Atlassian Server application. For more about disabling add-ons, see Disabling and enabling add-ons.
- Enable: Enables the add-on in the application. This button only appears if the add-on is disabled.
- Get started: Opens an overview page that with content such as a description, video, and steps for getting started using the add-on
- Configure: Click this link to display the configuration settings for the add-on. This link is disabled if the add-on is disabled. Not all add-ons have settings that can be configured through the Universal Plugin Manager.
- Uninstall: Click this button to uninstall the add-on from your application. This button only appears for user-installed add-ons.
The requirements and details for configuring each add-on vary. For information on configuring an add-on, see the documentation link next to the add-on details.
License information in the detail view
The licensing and vendor details include:
- Version: The software version of the add-on.
- Developer: The name of the developer of the add-on and a link to the developer's home page, if provided by the developer.
- Add-on key: A unique key that identifies the add-on in the system.
- License details: A description of the currently installed license for the add-on, if applicable.
- License status: Whether the current license is valid.
- License SEN: The Support Entitlement Number (SEN), required when submitting a support issue for the add-on.
- License key: The license key associated with this add-on. For newly installed add-ons, enter the license key in this field.
About add-on modules
Every add-on is made up of one or more module. Modules give add-on developers a way to organize and compose the functionality provided by the add-on.
You can see the modules that make up an add-on by expanding the module activity status link at the bottom of the add-on details view. The link text shows the number of modules in the add-on along with their state, such as 42 of 42 modules enabled.
Individual modules can be enabled or disabled, although this is not recommended as modules often depend on each other. To do so safely would require knowledge of the module interdependencies. Nevertheless, doing so may be useful in some circumstances, for example, when troubleshooting a custom add-on in a test environment.
To change the state for an add-on module, hover your mouse over the module and click the Enable or Disable button.
Watching, rating and reviewing an add-on
You can watch, rate or review an add-on directly from the manage add-on page. Any rating or review you provide is posted publicly to the Marketplace listing for the add-on.
The rate and review features appear in the details view for the add-on in the Manage Add-ons page. For the options to appear, the application instance must have a valid Support Entitlement Number (SEN). Also, you must be logged in to the Atlassian application as a user with an email contact address that matches your Marketplace account domain.
To subscribe to updates for an add-on, open the details view for the add-on on the Manage Add-ons page, and click the Watch Add-ons link. When watching the add-on, you'll get an email to the address associated with your Marketplace account when a new version of the add-on is available. The link in the UPM has the same effect as watching the add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace website.
To stop watching, click Stop Watching on the Manage Add-ons page or on the listing page for the add-on on the Atlassian Marketplace website.