Page History and Page Comparison Views
View an older version
When you select a previous version of the page, you'll see a header like this at the top of the page:
If you want to send this page version to someone, copy and paste the URL from your browser. The link will look something like this:
When you're viewing a specific version of the page, the following functions are available:
View the latest version of the page.
Compare with Current
Compare the differences between the version of the page you are viewing and the current version.
Restore this Version
Roll back the content of the page to the previous version that you are viewing.
View Page History
Return to the list of page versions.
<< Previous and Next >>
View the previous or next version of the page.
Restore a previous version
- Go to the page and choose > Page History
- Choose Restore this version beside the version you want to restore (or at the top of the page if you've opened the version)
- Change the default change comment if necessary, and choose OK
All page history is retained; restoring an older version creates a copy of that version. For example, if you restore version 39, Confluence will create a copy of version 39 and the copy will become the new, current version.
Delete a specific version
Choose Delete next to a version in the page history, to remove that version.
View the changes made
Using the page history view or the page information view, you can see the recent changes made to a page.
To view recent changes made to a page:
- Choose > Page Information
In the section titled 'Recent Changes' you'll see the most recent versions of the page, along with the date of their modification and the name of the modifying author.
- Choose View Changes beside the required version
The page comparison view is displayed, showing the differences between the selected and previous versions.
Compare two versions
Go to the page and choose > Page History
- Choose the versions you want to compare by selecting the check boxes beside them
- Choose Compare selected versions
You'll see the page comparison view showing the differences between the selected versions. Changes are highlighted as follows:
Screenshot: Comparing changes
More about the comparison view
When you view a page comparison, all large sections of unchanged text are hidden and reduced to an ellipsis (. . .).
You can view page changes between versions which are adjacent to your current page comparison view. Click the link containing:
- << to view the page comparison with the earlier adjacent version
- >> to view the page comparison with the more recent adjacent version
For example, if your page comparison view is between v. 30 and v. 34 of a page, you can view changes between:
- v. 29 and v. 30 by clicking << Changes from 29 to 30
- v. 34 and v. 35 by clicking Changes from 34 to 35 >>
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article