Confluence 7.7 Upgrade Notes
Here are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 7.7. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, see the Confluence 7.7 Release Notes.
On this page:
New Data Center apps check as part of your license upgrade
Upgrading to a Confluence Data Center license now comes with a new apps check. Before we apply your new license, we’ll show you if any of your installed apps need to be upgraded to the Data Center approved version.
We’ve also introduced new status messages in the Manage apps section of your admin console, so you can clearly see if any apps will require a new license.
What it means
|Data Center license available|
The app vendor offers a Data Center version of this app. If you switch to a paid Data Center product license, you’ll need to upgrade this app license to Data Center.
The app vendor offers a Data Center version of this app. Your Server app license is no longer compatible with the product. This means the app has either stopped working, or functionality has been lost or compromised. You need to add a Data Center license.
Learn more about Upgrading server apps when you migrate to Data Center.
Audit log system property change
We've made a change to the name of the system property used to restrict the audit log to system administrators only. Set this property to
true if you want to prevent people with Confluence Administrator global permission from accessing the audit log.
Page Properties Report macro system property
The performance of the Page Properties Report macro has been significantly improved. The macro can now display a maximum of 3000 pages. System administrators can increase or decrease this limit using the
pagePropertiesReportContentRetrieverMaxResult system property.
Size limit for drop shadow image effect
Applying a drop shadow image effect to images with a high pixel density can cause out of memory errors. We now prevent users from applying a drop shadow to images larger than 2000x2000 pixels. System administrators can change this limit using the
atlassian.image_filter.transform.max.pixel.drop_shadow system property.
Upgrading from 6.3 or earlier
If you are upgrading from Confluence 6.3 or earlier, there's a known issue where spaces do not appear in the space directory. You'll need to reindex your site after upgrading to fix this.
End of support announcements
No end of support announcements at this time.
Head to Preparing for Confluence 7.7 to find out more about changes under the hood.
- If you have multiple page properties report macros on a page, only the first two macros appear. See - CONFSERVER-60219Getting issue details... STATUS . We hope to have a fix for this issue shortly.
- If you use Apache to limit who can access the admin console, you should update your configuration. See Using Apache to limit access to the Confluence administration interface for our suggested configuration.
- There is a known issue where read-only mode attempts to write to
<shared-home>/confluence.cfg.xml, but the file doesn't exist in the shared home directory. This problem affects sites that have been previously upgraded from Confluence 6.0 or earlier. See Could not save access.mode into the shared confluence.cfg.xml file error after upgrading to Confluence Data Center 6.10
- There is a known issue where some fonts that Confluence relies on are not available in older Linux distributions. See Confluence UI shows garbled or corrupt text on CAPTCHA, macros and/or diagrams due to missing fonts.
If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and can't solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.
Always test the upgrade in a test environment before upgrading in production.
To upgrade Confluence to the latest version:
- Go to > Plan your upgrade and select the version you want to upgrade to. This will run the > General Configurationpre-upgrade checks.
- Go to > Troubleshooting and support tools > General Configuration to check your license validity, application server, database setup and more.
- If your version of Confluence is more than one version behind, read the for all releases between your version and the latest version.
- Back up your installation directory, home directory and database.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.
Update configuration files after upgrading
The contents of configuration files such as
server.xml, web.xml ,
confluenceinit.properties change from time to time.
When upgrading, we recommend manually reapplying any additions to these files (such as proxy configuration, datasource, JVM parameters) rather than simply overwriting the file with the file from your previous installation, otherwise you will miss out on any improvements we have made.