Confluence 7.4 Release Notes
21 April 2020We're excited to present Confluence 7.4.
- Enterprise release roundup
- Get the Confluence Server app on managed devices
- Resolved issues
- Get ready to upgrade
Thanks for your feedback
More than 3,500 votes satisfied
since the last Enterprise release.
Confluence Server and Data Center 7.4 is an Enterprise release
This means we'll provide bug fix releases until 7.4 reaches end of life, to address critical security, stability, data integrity, and performance issues.
Ready to upgrade? Check out the Confluence 7.4 Enterprise Release Change Log for a roll-up of changes since 6.13.
Enterprise release roundup
It's been just over 12 months since Confluence 6.13 was designated our second Enterprise release. In that time we've shipped a huge amount of value:
- A great new search experience that helps you find what you're looking for faster.
- Significant improvements to how you edit attached files including a brand new UI for Companion app, and support for more browsers and environments.
- Added CDN support, rate limiting for external REST API calls, and new permissions troubleshooting tools to Data Center to help our largest organisations scale.
- Platform improvements including adding support for Java 11, MySQL 8, PostgreSQL 10, and Oracle 19c, plus loads of other upgrades and improvements under the hood.
All in all we've resolved just under a thousand issues since 6.13.0. For a bird's eye view of all the changes, check out the Confluence 7.4 Enterprise Release Change Log.
So what can you expect from Confluence 7.4? We're devoted to raising the already high bar we’ve set for quality, stability, and performance. We’ve focused on thorough testing and hardening of Confluence’s existing features to let you focus on planning your upgrade. Whether you choose an Enterprise release or a standard feature release, always remember to grab the most recent bug fix version to make sure your Confluence is the best it can be.
Elsewhere in the Confluence universe...
Get the Confluence Server app on managed devices
You can now distribute the Confluence Server mobile app to your team using your Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. This is great if you need to restrict the app to company-approved devices, or a particular set of users.
If your MDM solution supports the AppConfig standard, you can also save your users time and prevent mistakes by pre-populating your site URL in the app. Got a lot of sites? No problem, you can pre-populate multiple site URLs. Logging in has never been easier. Learn more
Requires Confluence Server iOS app version 1.8.0 or Android app version 0.4.3 or later.
For full details of bugs fixed and suggestions resolved, head to Jira.
Released on 20 April 2020
Get ready to upgrade
Our wonderful customers...
You play an important role in making Confluence better. Thanks to everyone who participated in interviews with us, made suggestions, voted, and reported bugs !