Comments on pages or blog posts are displayed in one of two views:
- Threaded: Shows the comments in a hierarchy of responses. Each reply to a comment is indented to indicate the relationships between the comments.
- Flat: Displays all the comments in one single list and does not indicate the relationships between comments.
By default, comments are displayed in threaded mode. A Confluence Administrator (see Global Permissions Overview) can enable or disable the threaded view for the entire Confluence site.
To enable or disable the threaded view:
- Choose the cog icon at top right of the screen, then choose Confluence Admin.
- Select General Configuration in the left-hand panel.
- Click Edit.
- Check Threaded Comments to enable threaded mode. Clear the check box to disable threaded mode and display all comments in flat mode.
- Click Save.