Universal Plugin Manager 1.0 Release Notes
The Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) allows you to see and manage the plugins that you have installed in your application, and it allows you to discover, download and install new plugins from the Atlassian Plugin Exchange. It is a cross-product plugin which currently works in JIRA and Confluence. It was developed by Atlassian's Integration Team in San Francisco.
There are five major features of the UPM:
- Upgrade: UPM finds upgrades available on the Plugin Exchange for your installed plugins, and will provide you with installation options.
- Install: UPM provides an easy-to-use interface to search for and install new plugins from the Plugin Exchange. You can even filter by Popular or Featured plugins for your system.
- Manage: UPM provides options for managing installed plugins and their individual modules. This includes enabling/disabling and uninstalling.
- Check: UPM assists in preparing for a product upgrade by comparing your installed plugins to information in the Plugin Exchange. UPM categorizes each plugin based on its compatibility with the product upgrade, and specifies what actions (if any) need to be taken.
- Log: UPM logs a record of all actions performed, allowed you to easily refer back to your plugin management history.
This is the first official version of UPM, released in time for Summit 2010. It includes support for JIRA 4.1 and Confluence 3.1-3.3. UPM's supported browsers include Firefox 3, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 7/8. Next release will expand support to Bamboo and FishEye/Crucible. It is ready to be downloaded and installed today.
All Issues for This Release