Getting started with Bamboo
This page describes how to install, set up, and start using Bamboo.
If you're upgrading Bamboo, read the Bamboo upgrade guide instead of this page.
For production installs we recommend that you read Bamboo best practice - system requirements.
Atlassian Bamboo is a continuous integration (CI) and deployment server. Bamboo assists software development teams by providing:
- automated building and testing of software source-code status.
- updates on successful and failed builds.
- reporting tools for statistical analysis.
Please see the following pages for information about getting started with Bamboo:
- - a conceptual overview of using Bamboo for continuous integration (CI). CI Server
1. Install and start Bamboo
See one of:
Once it's started, you can access Bamboo in your browser at
2. Set up notifications
Bamboo can send build result notifications using:
- HipChat - see Integrating Bamboo with HipChat
- Email - see Configuring Bamboo to send SMTP Email
- Other services - see Notifications
3. Get building with Bamboo
Bamboo has the concept of a 'plan' to look after the configuration for a build. So, to run your first build, you create and run a plan: