A plan defines everything about your continuous integration build process in Bamboo.
- Has a single stage, by default, but can be used to group jobs into multiple stages.
- Processes a series of one or more stages that are run sequentially using the same repository.
- Specifies the default repository.
- Specifies how the build is triggered, and the triggering dependencies between the plan and other plans in the project.
- Specifies notifications of build results.
- Specifies who has permission to view and configure the plan and its jobs.
- Provides for the definition of plan variables.
Every plan belongs to a project.
Projects and plans can only be configured by Bamboo administrators (see Creating a plan).
Diagram showing the relationship between plans, stages, jobs and tasks:
Navigating to a plan
To navigate to a plan:
- Click Dashboard and then the All Plans tab.
- In the list of plans, click the name of the desired plan. The plan's 'Plan Summary' page will be displayed.
- Choose Actions > Configure Plan to see the configuration pages for the plan.
Screenshot: The Plan Summary page