Atlassian Data Center
Ready to start your Data Center journey?
Atlassian Data Center products allow you to scale as your organization grows by providing high availability, horizontal scalability, and administrative flexibility.
If this is what you need, the following page contains information about how Data Center can scale.
We've collected some informative overviews, best practice articles, and technical guides to set you up for success when evaluating, provisioning and rolling out Data Center in your organization.
To share some of Atlassian's recommendations, we've created a page full best practice articles for Atlassian Data Center.
We've also included other ways we can help you get started with Data Center below.
When should I move to Data Center?
Whether you are a current Atlassian Server customer and wondering if Data Center makes sense for your organization, or are a new customer deciding between a Server or Data Center deployment, Atlassian has suitable solutions for your organization.
Server and Data Center resources
Wondering if you will require a shift to Data Center in the future?
More interested in which solution is better for your company?
Growth and configuring Data Center
Learn how Data Center solves the challenges of growth, and offers an example of how you can configure Data Center to optimize performance by shaping traffic.
What about pricing?
Make sure that Data Center fits your budget by reviewing Atlassian's pricing structure.
We're here to help!
If you need help during any part of moving to Data Center, we've got plenty of ways to help you out.
Performance testing gives you insight into how your application performs under scenarios relevant to your organization and can help you further optimize your deployment.
Follow this link to find performance testing tools and information.
Installing Data Center
Installing Data Center can be a complex and confusing process that depends on a variety of factors and influences.
Find resources to guide you through installation, configuration or consolidation of your instance, or with moving from Cloud.
Search our documentation portal to see if we have documentation for any topics you are interested in or knowledge base articles for issues that you may be experiencing. Examples include:
- Setting up SAML SSO for JIRA Data Center
- Adding and removing nodes in Confluence Data Center
- Setup Elasticsearch as a cluster for Bitbucket Data Center
Get help from our amazing community about any questions you have regarding Data Center. Examples include:
- an Atlassian Enterprise Partner's answer about using a specific load balancer
- a user's opinion on which operating system to use for Data Center
- a user's full write-up on writing and testing a Data Center compatible add-on
- an Atlassian engineering leader's clarification about integrating JIRA with HipChat Data Center
If you are a Premier Support customer, you have access to our dedicated senior support team for any issues that occur when you are either preparing for or are already running Data Center. Premier Support also performs health checks to evaluate and tune your Server application before moving it to Data Center. Support engineers are also available over the weekend if that's when you are deploying your Data Center application to production.
Learn more about what Premier Support offers:
Technical Account Management
A Technical Account Manager partners with you to provide long-term strategic guidance so that your organization gets the most value out of your Atlassian applications. The Technical Account Manager will work with you to understand your organization's use cases, your business goals, and how you are currently using your applications to build a Data Center rollout plan tailored to your needs. Example activities include:
- developing a set of configuration options for your Bitbucket Data Center deployment including number and size of nodes
- guiding your team through the planning, implementation, and ongoing governance for a Confluence Data Center rollout on AWS
- researching that your JIRA add-ons are compatible with JIRA Data Center
- recommending a set of performance monitoring tools for your Data Center application and offering guidance on key metrics to measure based on your use cases
Learn more about Atlassian Technical Account Management.
Enterprise Partners work with you to conduct hands-on system integrations, deployments, and upgrades. They can also work on-site with your team to configure Data Center to your specific needs. Example activities include:
- consolidating your instances into a single Data Center deployment
- writing custom add-ons for your Data Center application
- testing and optimizing your Data Center deployment for long-term growth
Learn more about Atlassian Enterprise Partners.