Long Term Support releases
In June 2020, we rebranded Enterprise releases with a new name: Long Term Support releases. In addition to continuing to backport critical security and product bug fixes, we’ll now when architecturally possible also backport all other security bug fixes to Long Term Support releases throughout its standard 2-year support window:
- Critical security bug fixes
- Critical bug fixes
- All other security bug fixes, whenever possible
Long Term Support releases are designed specifically for larger, more complex instances – ones that require significant planning and effort to upgrade. We understand that upgrades for such instances can be few and far between, and so every upgrade needs to count. So if you can manage only one feature release upgrade every year, make sure you upgrade to the latest Long Term Support release.
Policy and details
We compiled a list of resources to help you understand how Long Term Support releases differ from other Feature releases:
- For details on what security fixes get backported to Long Term Support releases, see Security Bug Fix Policy.
- Some bug fixes can also be backported: for related details, see Atlassian Data Center and Server Bug Fix Policy.
- To learn the differences between each type of release, see Release terminology and Long Term Support releases.
- There's also a brief overview of Long Term Support releases on this blog post from our Head of Product. You can also post your questions and comments on this community post.
- Looking for a trusted Atlassian advisor to help you navigate transformation challenges for DevOps, ITSM, and Agile at scale? Check out our Technical Account Management service.
Need more hands-on support? Check out our support services.
Latest Long Term Support releases
Long Term Support changes for Server customers
If you have a Server license, you’ll only be eligible to upgrade to versions released prior to February 15, 2024 PT, when we officially end support for our Server product line. If you intend to move your instance to Cloud or Data Center, contact our Support team.
Previous Long Term Support releases
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article