Editor Window is Small After Upgrading to Confluence 6
This Knowledge Base article was written specifically for the Atlassian Server platform. Due to the Functional differences in Atlassian Cloud, the contents of this article cannot be applied to Atlassian Cloud applications.
Users are able to edit, but the editor does not display at full size:
- Confluence 6+
- Collaborative Editing is enabled
- Check for any customized page layouts: Customizing Site and Space Layouts
- Check if you have any custom themes/plugins
Some custom layouts/themes are not compatible with Confluence 6. You can remove the customizations to reset the layouts to default.
Depending on how your site is customized, follow these steps until the editor displays properly:
- Go to -> General configuration -> Layouts -> Click on 'reset to default' (next to Page Layout)
- Check for a customised page layout under Space content -> Look and feel -> Layouts
- Follow our guide on How to clear customizations from Confluence
- Enable safe mode