Editor Window is Small After Upgrading to Confluence 6
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Users are able to edit, but the editor does not display at full size:
- Confluence 6+
- Collaborative Editing is enabled
- Check for any customized page layouts: Customizing Site and Space Layouts
- Check if you have any custom themes/plugins
Some custom layouts/themes are not compatible with Confluence 6. You can remove the customizations to reset the layouts to default.
Depending on how your site is customized, follow these steps until the editor displays properly:
- Go to -> General configuration -> Layouts -> Click on 'reset to default' (next to Page Layout)
- Check for a customised page layout under Space content -> Look and feel -> Layouts
- Follow our guide on How to clear customizations from Confluence
- Enable safe mode
- Go to > General Configuration > Collaborative editing and disable Collaborative editing. Then restart Confluence and enable collaborative editing again.