Editor Window is Small After Upgrading where as the preview is Normal window size
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Users are able to edit, but the editor does not display at full size:
- Confluence 6+
- Collaborative Editing is enabled
- Check for any customized page layouts: Customizing Site and Space Layouts
- Check if you have any custom themes/plugins
- Check if there are any site wide banner configured using the steps on How to add a site-wide banner
Some custom layouts/themes are not compatible with Confluence. You can remove the customizations to reset the layouts to default. Also, the issue can happen if there were any HTML banner introduced during the upgrade which might have some tags missing.
Depending on how your site is customized, follow these steps until the editor displays properly:
- Go to -> General configuration -> Layouts -> Click on 'reset to default' (next to Page Layout)
- Check for a customised page layout under Space content -> Look and feel -> Layouts
- Follow our guide on How to clear customizations from Confluence
- Enable safe mode
- Go to > General Configuration > Collaborative editing and disable Collaborative editing. Then restart Confluence and enable collaborative editing again.
- Go to -> Custom HTML -> At the beginning of the body
- Check for a banner added recently and check if there are anything missing or not right.
- Remove/Add the necessary content within the HTML code.