Release Notes 2.2.6a
Confluence 2.2.6a is a maintenance release that resolves an assortment of issues users may have encountered using Confluence 2.2.
2.2.6a is a free upgrade for all customers who purchased their Confluence license after June 22nd, 2005.
Who should upgrade?
Confluence 2.2.6a is a minor bugfix release. Customers should consult the list of issues resolved in this release to determine if it is worth their while upgrading. Customers running Confluence 2.2.5 should upgrade, as 2.2.6a fixes a security problem which could allow an unauthorized user to modify space mail box configuration. Only version 2.2.5 is affected by this vulnerability. Customers running 2.2.5 who don't wish to upgrade can follow these instructions to patch the vulnerability.
Customers still running Confluence 2.2.2 or earlier are recommended to upgrade, as a significant security vulnerability was resolved in Confluence 2.2.3
Upgrading Confluence should be pretty easy. If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.2 - 2.2.3, you can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.1.5 or earlier, please check the release-notes of the other major Confluence releases:
- Release Notes 2.2
- Release Notes 2.1
- Release Notes 2.0
- Release Notes 1.4
- Release Notes 1.3
- Release Notes 1.2
- Release Notes 1.1
Changes in 2.2.6a
We are currently trialing a process of more frequent bugfix releases, to make fixes available as soon as possible to those people who want them. 2.2.6a resolves 20 issues.
A few of the issues are noted below, see Issues Resolved for 2.2.6a for a complete list.
- The rich text editor allows underlining to be removed, and lists in tables are better behaved. Release Notes 2.2.6a, Release Notes 2.2.6a
- Users with capital letters in their names can watch pages and spaces. Release Notes 2.2.6a
- LDAP users can be removed from local Confluence groups. Release Notes 2.2.6a
- The 'Change Password' link is no longer shown when LDAP is enabled. Release Notes 2.2.6a
- Indexing performance has been improved. Release Notes 2.2.6a
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!