Release Notes 2.5.5
Confluence 2.5.5 is a recommended upgrade that resolves issues you may have encountered in Confluence 2.5.4 or earlier. Confluence 2.5.5 resolves two security bugs, related to space permissions and invalid characters in space names and keys.
As such this release is a recommended upgrade for all customers.
Confluence 2.5.5 is a free upgrade for all customers who purchased their Confluence license or maintenance renewal after July 26th 2006.
Upgrading to Confluence 2.5.5
Upgrading Confluence should be fairly straightforward. You can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
Changes in 2.5.5
Patch for security issues
Confluence 2.5.5 resolves two security bugs, related to:
- space permissions
- invalid characters in space names and keys.
For more information, please see the security advisory.
Starting with release 2.5.5, Confluence will generate a server ID for you. Server ID has replaced License ID on the License Details page. You will find the server ID useful when contacting Atlassian support.
- is generated when you install Confluence for the first time
- exists for the life of the Confluence instance
- survives an upgrade
- is held in the database
- is not bound to a specific license
- is the same for all servers in a cluster.
Translations for rich text editor now compatible with Confluence language pack plugins
Thank you to everyone who voted for this popular fix.
The rich text editor in Confluence shows text in tooltips, warnings and other messages. If you are using Confluence in a language other than English, you will want to translate these messages as well as the standard Confluence text.
With Confluence 2.5.5:
- The translations for the rich text editor can be part of a Confluence language pack plugin.
- If your language pack does not contain translations for the rich text editor, the text will show in English. (Before 2.5.5, it showed the 'key' value rather than English.)
- Partial translations of rich text editor messages are already included in the professional French and German language packs. Full translation is under construction.
This makes things much simpler!
Other fixes in 2.5.5
2.5.5 resolves these issues: