Release Notes 2.2.2
Confluence 2.2.2 is a maintenance release that resolves some issues users may have encountered using Confluence 2.2, including issues related to PDF generation, internationalization, backup/restore and more.
2.2.2 is a free upgrade for all customers who purchased their Confluence license after May 31st, 2005.
Who should upgrade?
Confluence 2.2.2 resolves Release Notes 2.2.2, a bug related to the backup and restore of personal spaces. As such it is a recommended upgrade for customers wishing to restore or import data containing personal spaces. Other users should consult the list of resolved issues, and determine if the upgrade is necessary for their installation.
Upgrading Confluence should be pretty easy. If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.2 or 2.2.1, you can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.1.5 or earlier, please check the release-notes of the other major Confluence releases:
- Release Notes 2.2
- Release Notes 2.1
- Release Notes 2.0
- Release Notes 1.4
- Release Notes 1.3
- Release Notes 1.2
- Release Notes 1.1
Changes in 2.2.2
Over 25 issues were resolved between Confluence 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. For a complete list, see: Issues resolved for 2.2.2
- An issue was resolved that could cause personal spaces to be imported incorrectly from backups. Existing backup files are still valid, the error was only during the re-importing process – Release Notes 2.2.2
- PDF exports can now be generated for pages containing non-latin characters. To enable these exports you will need to provide Confluence with the correct font – Release Notes 2.2.2
- PDF exports created in Confluence are now properly searchable, both in Confluence (Release Notes 2.2.2) and in Adobe Acrobat (Release Notes 2.2.2)
- (User management) Resolved an error when deleting a non-empty group – Release Notes 2.2.2
- (i18n) Resolved issues with hard-coded English text in various places – Release Notes 2.2.2
- (i18n) Resolved issues with internationalization keys showing up in the permissions guide – Release Notes 2.2.2
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!