Release Notes 2.2.8
Confluence 2.2.8 is a maintenance release that resolves an assortment of issues users may have encountered using Confluence 2.2.
2.2.8 is a free upgrade for all customers who purchased their Confluence license after August 8th, 2005.
Who should upgrade?
Confluence 2.2.8 is a minor bugfix release. Customers should consult the list of issues resolved in this release to determine if it is worth their while upgrading.
Customers still running Confluence 2.2.2 or earlier are recommended to upgrade, as a significant security vulnerability was resolved in Confluence 2.2.3
Upgrading Confluence should be pretty easy. If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.2 - 2.2.3, you can find instructions here. We strongly recommend that you backup your
confluence.home directory and database before upgrading!
If you are upgrading from Confluence 2.1.5 or earlier, please check the release-notes of the other major Confluence releases:
- Release Notes 2.2
- Release Notes 2.1
- Release Notes 2.0
- Release Notes 1.4
- Release Notes 1.3
- Release Notes 1.2
- Release Notes 1.1
Changes in 2.2.8
We are currently trialing a process of more frequent bugfix releases, to make fixes available as soon as possible to those people who want them. 2.2.8 resolves 22 issues.
A few of the issues are noted below, see Issues Resolved for 2.2.8 for a complete list.
- Exporting a space as HTML now creates an index page which includes all the pages in the export. Release Notes 2.2.8
- Timeouts can be set for HTTP requests made from Confluence to RSS feeds and JIRA instances. Release Notes 2.2.8
- RSS Autodiscovery works in Safari. Release Notes 2.2.8
- When a group is deleted, space permissions for the group are now correctly removed. Release Notes 2.2.8
- Change default background color from grey to white. Release Notes 2.2.8
- Non-breaking spaces are handled correctly when indexing. Release Notes 2.2.8
- Rich text editor respects leading spaces in noformat macro. Release Notes 2.2.8
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!