Bamboo 4.4 upgrade guide
The instructions on this page describe how to upgrade to Bamboo 4.4 from a previous version of Bamboo. For details on the Bamboo 4.4 release, see the Bamboo 4.4 release notes.
Please follow the Bamboo 4.4-specific instructions on this page, in addition to the upgrade instructions in the Bamboo upgrade guide.
Please read the Supported platforms page for the full list of supported platforms for Bamboo.
On this page:
Upgrade notes from Bamboo 4.3 to 4.4
To upgrade to Bamboo 4.4, follow the instructions in the Bamboo upgrade guide.
We strongly recommend that you back up your Bamboo instance and database before upgrading, as described in the Bamboo upgrade guide.
Upgrading from Bamboo prior to 4.3
In addition to the notes below, please read the upgrade guides for every version of Bamboo you are skipping during the upgrade.
Notes for upgrading from Bamboo 4.0
- Bamboo's deprecated Remote API has been removed. If you are using this API, migrate to the Bamboo REST API.
- There are no major schema upgrade tasks that may cause the Bamboo upgrade from 3.4 to 4.0 to take an extended amount of time.
- If you are using Elastic Bamboo, we've upgraded JDK6, Grails 1.2, Grails 1.3 and Maven 3 to the latest minor releases on the stock images. Additionally, we've added Grails 2.0 to the image. See here for a complete list of elastic image contents.
Notes for upgrading from Bamboo 3.2
- If you are using Bamboo with Crowd, follow the instructions in Upgrading Bamboo with Crowd to Bamboo 3.2.
- If you've been using Amazon EC2 images with you custom EBS, see Updating EBSes created for Fedora to support Amazon Linux
- If you've customized Amazon EC2 images to work with Bamboo, see Creating a custom elastic image.
Notes for upgrading from a version of Bamboo prior to 2.7.4
- You will need to upgrade to Bamboo 2.7.4 before upgrading to Bamboo 4.3. If you are using a version of Bamboo earlier than 2.6.3, we recommend that you upgrade to 2.6.3 before upgrading to Bamboo 2.7.4. Bamboo 2.6.3 can be downloaded from the Bamboo Archived Downloads page. Bamboo 2.7.x introduces a number of significant and irreversible changes, so a phased upgrade is recommended. Please see the Bamboo 2.7.x upgrade guide for more details.
- You will need to set aside time, as described in the Bamboo 2.7.x upgrade guide, for Bamboo to migrate existing Plans to the new Plan structure in Bamboo 2.7.4.
- If you are upgrading from Bamboo 2.5 or earlier, you will need to set aside time, as described in the Bamboo 2.6 upgrade guide for Bamboo to migrate its test result data (stored in XML files on the filesystem) into the database.
- If you are upgrading from a version of Bamboo prior to 2.0, you must upgrade to Bamboo 2.0.6 first before upgrading to Bamboo 2.6.3 ( and then 2.7.4). Please read the Bamboo 2.0 upgrade guide for important upgrade instructions for upgrading from earlier versions of Bamboo.
Developing for Bamboo 4.4
If you are a Bamboo plugin developer, please refer to our Bamboo API Changes guide, which outlines changes in Bamboo that may affect Bamboo plugins compiled for earlier versions of Bamboo.
Checking for known issues and troubleshooting the Bamboo upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your Bamboo installation, please check for known Bamboo issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of Bamboo after we have released the software. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the Bamboo Knowledge Base. Please check the Bamboo Known Issues in the Bamboo Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the Bamboo upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the Bamboo Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.