Bamboo 7.2 Release Notes
We're happy to announce the latest Bamboo 7.2 release. Take some time and read through release notes to learn what we've prepared for you in this release.
If you're upgrading, make sure to swing by Bamboo upgrade notes as some behavior of Bamboo in this version might have changed from previous ones.
Bamboo logs - less noise, more control
We know that in order to understand what’s happening with your builds you need quick access to relevant information in your log files. To help you achieve that, we’ve decided to limit the level of noise that gets in your way and give you control over how much your Bamboo instance logs. Bamboo 7.2 brings you the following log improvements:
- To make things quieter, Bamboo will be logging less data by default from now on. In return we've introduced a verbose mode which will allow you to turn on logging of additional data, like logs from various VCS and environment variables. You can enable the verbose mode when running a customized plan, or in the deployment screen.
- We have also changed how rerun jobs are logged. Until now, logs for every rerun job were attached to an already existing logs for that job. As a result, it formed a very long log file which was hard to navigate and use. Now, logs for every job rerun are stored in a separate file, which makes fixing things so much easier.
For the complete list of data logged in Bamboo, see Logging in Bamboo
Bamboo Specs improvements
Bamboo 7.2 brings you a number of improvements to Bamboo Specs:
- We're introducing the any-task command thanks to which you can use tasks from any Marketplace app in Bamboo YAML Specs.
- We've added the native YAML Specs support for SSH/SCP, Command, Maven, and Build Warnings tasks.
- App vendors can now use the new YAML Specs API to manage plan and deployment triggers.
- Trigger conditions configuration is now available in Java Bamboo Specs. YAML Specs support is coming at future versions
- Third party Java Specs builders can be used for repository stored Specs. Create your own Specs libraries to manage large and complex plan configurations.
Bamboo 7.2 introduces tag triggers. Now you can fire up your builds automatically whenever a selected tag appears in your repository. Learn more about adding a tag trigger to your Bamboo in Tag triggering.
Enable and disable agents over REST API
Starting from version 7.2, Bamboo allows you to enable and disable agents through REST API endpoints.
7 October 2021 - Bamboo 7.2.6
This release contains fixes that are restricted from viewing because of their security level.
27 July 2021 - Bamboo 7.2.5
20 April 2021 - Bamboo 7.2.4
5 March 2021 - Bamboo 7.2.3
22 January 2021 - Bamboo 7.2.2
25 November 2020 - Bamboo 7.2.1
23 November 2020 - Bamboo 7.2.0