Crowd 2.1 Beta 4 Release Notes
19 November 2010We are working towards the launch of Crowd 2.1, with a number of new features and improvements. These release notes are for Crowd 2.1 Beta 4, which is now available for review. Crowd 2.1 Beta 4 contains all the features described in the Crowd 2.1 Beta 2 Release Notes as well as the improvements described below.
We would love your feedback on this beta release. See our download instructions and early adopter's guide below.Crowd 2.1 Beta 3 was an internal release and was not made publicly available.
What's New in Crowd 2.1 Beta 4
Fix for Nested Groups in Confluence
This releases includes a fix for CWD-1996: 'Crowd integration cache loses some nested groups'.
All the Features in Crowd 2.1 Beta 2
Crowd 2.1 Beta 4 contains all the features described in the Crowd 2.1 Beta 2 Release Notes as well as the improvements described above.
Early Adopter's Guide to Reviewing Crowd 2.1 Beta 4
Downloading Crowd 2.1 Beta 4
The beta release is available on the Crowd Early Access Program download site.
Upgrading to Crowd 2.1 Beta 4
Please refer to the Crowd 2.1 Beta 4 upgrade and integration Notes.
Targets for your Testing
We invite your feedback on this beta release, in particular on the following aspects:
- The new REST APIs.Database-backed LDAP caching. See the Crowd 2.1 Beta Guide to LDAP Caching.
- We are keen to hear about any performance improvements or other impacts that you notice. Try tuning the polling interval and let us know what happens. We have optimized the database caching for directories containing approximately 10 000 (ten thousand) users. If your directory is significantly larger the new caching may not be as beneficial, but we are interested in hearing about the performance of larger directories too. When sending feedback, please include the following information:
- Your LDAP directory type (Active Directory, ApacheDS, Novell eDirectory, etc).
- The number of users, groups and average memberships per user in your directory.
- The time it takes to synchronize.
- Any other information you consider relevant, such as network topology, whether you are using SSL, and so on.
- The fix for CWD-1996: 'Crowd integration cache loses some nested groups'.
If you are affected by CWD-1996, we are especially interested in your feedback on this fix. To test it, upgrade your Confluence installation to use version 2.1 Beta 4 of the Crowd integration client. (You do not need to upgrade your entire Crowd installation. Just the integration client is enough.) Please refer to CWD-1996 for instructions.
Sending your FeedBack and Questions
If you have general comments and feedback, please add them as comments to this release notes page. If you encounter a bug or would like to request an improvement, please log an issue in our issue tracker with an affected version of '2.1.0-beta4'.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!