JIRA Software 7.7.x release notes
11 January 2018We're pleased to present JIRA Software 7.7.
REST API for priority schemes
JIRA Software 7.7 brings experimental REST APIs to let you manage priority schemes outside of the user interface. As a JIRA admin, you can perform the following actions on priority schemes:
- Create priority schemes
- Retrieve a list of priority schemes
- Retrieve a priority scheme
- Update priority schemes, e.g with new priorities
- Associate a project with a priority scheme
- Disassociate a project from a priority scheme
- Retrieve a priority scheme associated with a project
If you're curious to learn more, see JIRA 7.7.0 REST API.
Small improvements to make your day
We've also worked on some small improvements and fixes.
- Pasting images into issue's description. Previously, you might have encountered some problems with rendering your images in the issue's description when switching from the visual mode to text and back. It works now without fuss, even if you switch the mode back and forth all the time.
- See development info in your issue search list. We've added a new column to the JIRA issue search list called 'Development', which allows you to see development info from your integrated development tools. We're still working on this feature, and plan on introducing more functionality, like searching by development info, in future releases. Learn more
- We speak your language. We've added two more languages to JIRA—Italian and Finnish. Check out the languages available by default after you upgrade to JIRA Software 7.7.
Also, we’ve decided that the translations for languages that are bundled with JIRA best reflect what we originally wanted to say. That’s why we’re closing the crowdsourcing of translations for these languages and accepting the bundled translations as the official words of JIRA. You can still help us improve the remaining languages, or change the official translations to use in your own JIRA instance. For more info, see Translating JIRA.
Released on 11 January 2018
Released on 31 January 2018
Released on 19 February 2018
Released on 25 April 2018, removed on 7 May 2018.
This release has been removed because of this bug, and should not be used.
Released on 9 May 2018
We have made changes to our BTF analytics plugin to improve the quality and accuracy of information we collect.
Upgrade your JIRA Server/Data Center instance to this version to get the improvements.