Configuring RSS Feeds
A Confluence System Administrator can configure the following aspects of RSS feeds:
- The maximum number of items that Confluence returns to an RSS feed request.
- The maximum time period that Confluence allows to respond to an RSS feed request.
Both of these are set in the 'Edit Security Configuration' screen.
To configure RSS feeds:
- Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration
- Choose Security Configuration.
- Choose Edit.
- Enter a value for Maximum RSS Items. The default value is 200.
- Enter a value for RSS timeout.
- Choose Save.
Screenshot: Configuring RSS feeds
- When using the RSS Feed Builder, a user could potentially enter such a large value for the number of feed items returned that Confluence would eventually run out of memory.
- When using the Feed Builder, if a users a value greater than this setting (or less than 0) they will get a validation error.
- If any pre-existing feeds are set to request more than the configured maximum, they will be supplied with only the configured maximum number of items. This is done silently - there is no logging and no message is returned to the RSS reader.
- If Confluence times out when responding to an RSS feed request, any items already rendered are returned.
Last modified on Aug 18, 2015
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.