Configuring RSS Feeds
A Confluence System Administrator can configure the following aspects of RSS feeds:
- The maximum number of items that Confluence returns to an RSS feed request.
- The maximum time period that Confluence allows to respond to an RSS feed request.
Both of these are set in the 'Edit Security Configuration' screen.
To configure RSS feeds:
- Select Administration , then select General Configuration
- Choose Security Configuration.
- Choose Edit.
- Enter a value for Maximum RSS Items. The default value is 200.
- Enter a value for RSS timeout.
- Choose Save.
Screenshot: Configuring RSS feeds
- When using the RSS Feed Builder, a user could potentially enter such a large value for the number of feed items returned that Confluence would eventually run out of memory.
- When using the Feed Builder, if a users a value greater than this setting (or less than 0) they will get a validation error.
- If any pre-existing feeds are set to request more than the configured maximum, they will be supplied with only the configured maximum number of items. This is done silently - there is no logging and no message is returned to the RSS reader.
- If Confluence times out when responding to an RSS feed request, any items already rendered are returned.