Confluence 3.3.3 Release Notes
21 September 2010
Confluence 3.3.3 is a recommended upgrade which fixes some security flaws and other bugs. Note that Confluence 3.3.2 was an internal release only.
- Security fixes in Confluence 3.3.3. Please refer to the security advisory for details of the security vulnerabilities, risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Office Connector temporary storage location. When configuring the temporary storage location for the Office Connector's View File macro, you can no longer enter a specific file location via the Confluence Administration Console. Instead, the Administration Console offers three options, as described below. If you have previously entered a specific file location, the location will still be valid. However, if you want to change the location you will need to choose one of the three options described below, to hold the temporary file:
- In memory.
- In your Confluence Home directory.
- In a file location that you can specify in the
directories.propertiesfile, located in the Office Connector JAR. Instructions are in the documentation.
- Preview pane now shows full content. When previewing a wiki page in Firefox, the preview pane will now show the entire content of the page. This fixes a problem experienced with Firefox 3.6.7 and later, caused by a change in Firefox.
- Other noteworthy fixes. The complete list of bug fixes is at the bottom of this page. Highlights:
- You can now set page restrictions when copying a page.
- Confluence will retain your setting when you turn on the 'Did You Mean' feature in the search.
- When you edit a wiki page in Word, your changes are now saved.
Don't have Confluence 3.3 yet?
Take a look at the new features and other highlights in the Confluence 3.3 Release Notes.
- Security advisory: This release fixes some security flaws. Please refer to the security advisory for details of the security vulnerabilities, risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Upgrading from a previous version of Confluence: Upgrading Confluence should be fairly straightforward. Please read the Confluence 3.3.3 Upgrade Notes. We strongly recommend that you back up your
confluence.homedirectory and database before upgrading.